A body scrub is a skin care treatment that removes dead skin cells through exfoliation while cleansing the skin and increasing your blood circulation. The component that exfoliates needs to be abrasive enough to do the job, but not so strong that it damages your healthy skin.
If you aren’t using a body scrub, you may be missing out on a number of benefits that other products don’t give you. The benefits of body scrubs are:
- Refreshing. The removal of dead skin cells and impurities will leave you feeling fresh, and your skin will look revitalized and rejuvenated.
- Youthful. Exfoliating dead skin cells will remove any dull appearance of your skin. You shed a lot of skin cells daily, and it can take almost a month for the newer cells to reach the top layer of the skin! When you use a body scrub, it will speed this process up, making your skin look more youthful and vibrant.
- Moisturizing. Exfoliation allows for better absorption of any moisturizers you may use.
Here at Urban Oasis, we have crafted a body scrub that will provide you with all of these listed benefits, just in time for the warm weather and outdoor activities of Spring and Summer:
- Seasonal Hydrating Body Polish $75 – Our invigorating body scrubs are infused with shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil to hydrate and rejuvenate your whole being. Each treatment includes a full-body scrub and warm hot towel application. You can also take your scrub to the next level with our add-on massage, which utilizes our handcrafted Massage Body Butters, giving you a truly decadent experience.
- Body Polish + Massage : 30 Min Massage: $120 / 45 Min Massage: $ 140 / 60 Min Massage: $155 / 90 Min Massage: $185
All our massage services utilize Frisky Bumblebee’s handcrafted products, freshly made to ensure quality and effectiveness. You can also purchase Frisky Bumblebee offerings in our online store, as well as handcrafted candles, lotions, and other self-care products from some of our other favorite partners. Gift cards are available, too, in case you are looking for gift ideas for birthdays, anniversaries, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or other times of celebration.
For your convenience, we are pleased to offer online scheduling for our members and guests, 24-hours a day. Visit our website, Urban Oasis Nashville, to schedule your Body Scrub today!
It’s the time of year that many people are thinking about prepping for summer. New bathing suits and warm weather fashions are top of mind, and many of us have already been to the tanning salons. Perhaps you are considering waxing as a preparation. If this will be your first waxing experience, you may be a little nervous, but don’t worry, there is nothing to fear! The benefits of waxing will far outweigh the sting.
Body waxing is a safe and economical way to remove body hair. A good wax will keep unwanted hair away for up to 6 weeks, unlike shaving (every day). If you add waxing to your self-care regime, you can expect your skin to glow, and it will feel smooth and fresh. Nicks and cuts will be a thing of the past, and stubble will no longer plague you since waxing removes the hair at the root. If you suffer from allergies or irritations to shaving products, that will also no longer be an issue because waxing involves minimal chemicals.
Waxing can be done either:
- Cold – wax is applied directly to the skin and then removed
- Hot – hot wax is applied and removed using cloth strips.
Since waxing does involve pulling hair out from the root, you will need to expect that it will hurt more than just shaving the hair off; however, it is definitely not unbearable. It has been compared to the pain we experience when we pull off a bandaid, and if it is done quickly the sting lasts only a second. You can always take an over-the-counter pain medication an hour before your appointment if you are concerned. Drinking caffeine or alcohol a day or two before your appointment will tighten your pores, so going without will make your waxing experience more comfortable.
You will want to:
- Exfoliate the day before the appointment.
- Avoid using lotions on the day of.
- Use a deodorant that does not contain antiperspirant if you have scheduled an underarm wax.
- Stay away from baths, saunas, steamers, and tanning beds for 24 hours following.
Here at Urban Oasis Nashville, we are committed to taking good care of you. Call us today for your body wax; there is nothing to fear!
Facial menus can be confusing. Just keep in mind that each facial treatment is tailor-made to address specific skin concerns while improving fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone, redness, and even acne. You should choose your facial treatment based on your primary concern.
Here are the Spa Facial offerings you can choose from here at Urban Oasis Nashville:
-Dermaplaning Facial. Key Concern: Fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin texture and tone, acne scars, fine facial hair. When you choose the Dermaplaning Facial, you can expect to see an instant improvement in skin texture and tone, while the long-term effects are increased cell turnover, fewer wrinkles and dark spots, reduction of acne scarring, and the removal of fine facial hair. Dermaplaning leaves your skin brighter, smoother, glowing, and more youthful!
-Dermaplaning Only. Key Concern: Fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin texture & tone, acne scars, fine facial hair. The immediate benefit from Dermaplaning will be an improvement in skin texture and tone, while the long-term benefits are increased cell turnover, fewer wrinkles and dark spots, reduction of acne scarring, and the removal of fine facial hair.
-Brightening Facial. Key Concern: Hyperpigmentation, Sun damage, uneven skin tone, scars. Your choice of the Brightening Facial will brighten uneven skin tone while resurfacing to reveal a glowing complexion. It also addresses the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, hyperpigmentation and acne.
-Acne Control Facial. Key Concern: Acne, scarring, resurfacing. This spa facial treatment improves acne, refines skin texture and tone for clearer, healthy looking skin, and helps to control redness and irritation caused by acne.
-Renewal Facial. Key Concern: Brightens and firms dull skin. The application of the Renewal Facial increases blood circulation while improving the elasticity and firmness of your skin. It is composed of such ingredients as Ginger Root, Paprika Extract, Aloe, Carrageenan and Red Marine Algae.
-Calming Facial. Key Concern: Sensitivity, Rosacea, Redness. The benefits of this facial is a soothing of sensitive skin while improving the appearance of rosacea and redness. It gently addresses fine lines, uneven skin tone, and texture.
-Urban Express Facial, $75. A quick pick-me-up facial treatment that is perfect for right before a big event or in-between facials or brightening peels. This treatment is tailor-made to address your main skincare concerns and will help you to relax, rejuvenate and renew.
-Brightening Peel. The perfect “lunchtime” peel, with little to no downtime! Choose from Glycolic Acid or Lactic Acid peel – both stimulate cell turnover and exfoliate away dead skin cells, leaving you with a fresh, smooth complexion.
-Resurfacing Peel. (Prior consultation required) This facial is a unique blend of Retinoic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid and other active cosmeceutical ingredients and creates one of the safest, strongest superficial peels. Moderate peeling usually occurs within 48 hours and begins the process of skin rejuvenation. The recipient should plan for 2 – 3 days downtime.
- Urban Oasis Add-on Services: Dermaplaning, Glycolic Acid Peel. Lactic Acid Peel. Extractions, Firming Eye Treatment, and Retinol Peeling Cream
Some treatments might sound more like a grocery list than a facial, so always keep in mind that some ingredients really are too good to be true. Splurge on the right things, and stay well-informed. Visit us here at Urban Oasis Nashville to choose the right spa facial for you.
You probably know someone that just seems to have lucked out when it comes to their looks: naturally glowing skin, luscious locks, and eyes that gleam with life and light, but of course we all know that luck actually has very little to do with it most of the time. Amazing makeup and hair styling products and skills are most likely part of their secret, and it shows. Dermaplaning is another way they may be achieving such a healthy, glowing look; perhaps you’ve never actually heard of it, but you have certainly seen the results.
So what is dermaplaning, and what are the benefits?
Dermaplaning is a skin procedure involving a sharp tool used to exfoliate the surface of your skin. An aesthetician will take a scalpel and gently scrape your skin’s surface with light strokes, and the benefit that you experience immediately will be a luminous glow that will last a week or sometimes even longer. Your skin will be dewy and fresh with a faster cell turnover and smoother texture. That light shaving motion the aesthetician uses also removes tiny facial hairs as it exfoliates.
Anyone and everyone can benefit. If you suffer from unwanted facial hair, you will love the results, and it’s also perfect for those who are unable to use some products and exfoliating treatments due to pregnancy or super-sensitive skin. It’s a great alternative that lightly resurfaces your skin. Dermaplaning is quick and easy, requiring no down-time, such as that required by dermabrasion (a completely different mechanical process). It is also virtually painless, and though it may cause a slight redness, this will fade almost immediately.
Here at Urban Oasis of Nashville, our experienced aestheticians are skilled at the dermaplaning process, and we are happy to talk with you further. And in closing, we want to let you know that when you enjoy the benefits of our Dermaplaning Facial by scheduling a session with us here at Urban Oasis, you will also receive a Theraderm gift absolutely free! (Limited time only while supplies last) Theraderm has been providing patients with anti-aging products for over 20 years. The Anti-Aging System is a daily skin care regimen composed of four powerful products utilizing exfoliation, collagen restoration and an exclusive combination of three patented peptides that act together naturally to minimize moderate lines and wrinkles. Be sure to book your Dermaplaning Facial today to receive your free Theraderm gift!
In the unique healing system of Thai Yoga Massage, the practitioner will guide the client through a series of yoga postures while palming and thumbing along the energy lines and pressure points of the client’s body. The therapist uses hands, feet, and elbows to apply pressure to the important points on these energy lines, coupled together with gentle stretching and applied Hatha Yoga. This will release blocked energy, freeing the body’s healing potential and restoring balance and harmony. The treatment is performed on a mat on the floor, with both client and practitioner dressed in comfortable clothing that allows for ease of movement and flexibility.
This dynamic bodywork therapy was developed over 2,000 years ago and first appeared in the temples of Thailand. The art was rooted in the Indian healing traditions of Ayurvedic medicine and was based on yoga and Ayurveda practices. The founder of Thai Yoga Massage, Jivaka Kumarbhaccha, was both a renowned doctor and yogi and treated the Buddha himself. After the Buddha’s death, the earliest monk-practitioners traveled to Southeast Asia, and over the centuries the practice evolved into modern traditional Thai Massage.
Some of the benefits of Thai Yoga Massage are:
- Joint Mobilization. Most of us endure limited movement in our joints, which can cause us to experience limitations during physical exercise. Thai Massage focuses on treating your joints in a way that increases the fluidity of their movement. This type of massage can be extremely beneficial to those who are afflicted with arthritis and other joint conditions.
- Stiff Muscles and Relaxation. The practitioner locates the tense areas of muscle and massages them to decrease stiffness while releasing any trapped nerves with their technique. Thai Yoga Massage also helps to prevent anxiety and depression from becoming an issue by helping to release all pent-up tension in the body.
- Blood Circulation. This system also works to optimize the blood circulation in your body, which has many advantages, such as an optimal performance of internal organs and healthier, brighter skin.
- Prevents Headaches. A study published in 2015 found that the court-style of Thai Yoga Massage was effective for treating chronic headaches and migraines by improving the blood and lymph circulation and calming down the nervous system.
This dynamic mixture of acupressure, yoga, and massage has been proven to be very beneficial. Our professionals at Urban Oasis Nashville would be happy to share more information with you about this ancient and comprehensive practice. Call us today!
We’re about a month into 2019 now, and those resolutions are starting to become a habit. Whether it’s a new skin care regime, a healthier lifestyle, better posture, or just building a more positive way of looking at life, you’ve been working hard at improving your life both inside and out. It’s not always easy, either! But you’ve been committed, and the results are showing. You have every right to be proud of your accomplishment.
Why not reward yourself with something positive and healthy? A day at the spa would be perfect! Some of the services you will find at a great spa will include:
- Massage/Body Work: Our massage services include several different offerings – Couples Massage (the perfect gift for your significant other!), our signature Oasis Massage (just right for a first-time massage), Four-Handed Massage (involving two sets of therapist hands for the ultimate massage experience), and Sports Therapy(formulated specifically with performance in mind.)
- Foot Soaks: With a warm lavender neck wrap and a hot cup of tea, coffee, or some wine, you can relax while soaking your feet. This service soothes muscles while hydrating and moisturizing your skin. Other benefits can include the relief of stress and swelling and, when done in combination with an invigorating foot scrub and massage, it can be the ultimate relaxation experience. Here at Urban Oasis, we offer our signature Foot Spa Experience, which is begun by choosing your favorite Foot Soak. Next will be a foot and calf scrub, and then we finish with a renewing foot and calf massage. This service incorporates hand-blended soaks, scrubs, and massage creams.
- Skin Care: Dermaplaning or Brightening Facials are the perfect answer to the cold and wet of the winter months. They brighten skin tone, lessen wrinkles, and improve the circulation, helping you to put your best face, and body, forward.
- Waxing: Whether you want to get ready for cruise season with a bikini or Brazilian-style wax, or just freshen up by removing unwanted hair, our waxing service will be a wonderful reward for your commitment to your better self. Brow shaping and threading are also part of our waxing services.
Come celebrate all your accomplishments with us here at Urban Oasis Nashville!
Most of us do some self-assessing when a new year starts. Oftentimes we can look back on the previous year with the feeling that somehow we missed the mark, and sometimes it was just a rough year. Many of us experienced tragedies, losses, or injuries, and those types of events take a lot out of us. Our energy levels and emotional and physical strength can suffer.
This upcoming year, go easy on YOU. Be realistic with yourself, and just begin where you are. Here are some things you can practice to help get the new year off to a great start.
- Self Awareness. Being truly aware of your own personal truths and realities will help you go into 2019 with a more hopeful and positive outlook. It’s important to allow yourself to be human and fallible. If you are dwelling on the fact that you didn’t keep all of last year’s resolutions, stop! It’s a new day.
- Self Care. Make your daily health a top priority and take good care of yourself. Taking this step will positively impact your physical, emotional, and mental well-being in a powerful way.
- Update your skincare routine for a fresh look and feel. Your favorite spa will have many products to choose from onsite, and you can consult your spa professional for personalized recommendations based on their assessment.
- Massage can be a great choice when it comes to self-care. There are many different types of massage that have been formulated for specific needs or issues, and a great spa will be able to provide you with the service that is best for you. Whether you want Swedish or sports massages, or perhaps a session focused on just your head and neck, your spa professional can provide these services, and more.
- Facials are another way you can improve your physical well being. This type of service rejuvenates your facial skin and improves your blood flow, leaving you feeling refreshed and energized. Wrinkles and fine lines are reduced when you experience dermaplaning, and a brightening facial will address hyperpigmentation, among other issues. If you suffer from acne or related scarring, an acne-control facial will be just the thing.
- Yoga can truly help with emotional and mental imbalances. The peace and control of this practice are beneficial for all of us, and when practiced regularly, can bring a refreshing balance back into our lives.
Here at Urban Oasis of Nashville, we take your health and well-being seriously. Be good to yourself in 2019, and come to see us.
We all think of getting a massage as a good thing. Often it is mentioned as a way to decompress or de-stress, and there is good reason for that. Massage is a term used to describe pressing, rubbing and manipulating your skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. It may range from light stroking to very deep pressure and can include many different types:
- Deep Massage. This technique uses slow and forceful strokes that target the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue and is most commonly used to help heal damages to muscle from injuries.
- Swedish Massage. A gentle form of massage that uses long strokes and kneading, as well as deep circular movements, vibration, and tapping to help energize and relax the recipient.
- Sports Massage. Similar to Swedish Massage, this type is geared towards people that are involved in sports-related activities and has been formulated to help prevent or treat injuries.
If you are considering getting a massage, you still have a couple of days left to take advantage of our Holiday special! If you buy $100 or more, you get an additional $20 gift card for purchases.
Massage is considered to be a part of integrative and complementary medicine and is increasingly being offered along with standard medical treatments for a wide range of medical conditions. Studies of the benefits of massage are showing that it is an effective treatment for the reduction of stress, pain, and muscle tension, and can also be helpful for some of these issues:
- Digestive disorders
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Joint pain
A massage session can last anywhere from 10 to 90 minutes, and this depends on the type of massage you decide on. No matter which one you choose, you can expect to feel calm and relaxed during, and after, your massage. Your session should not be painful, and if you experience pain, speak up right away.
Massage is not just a way to indulge or pamper yourself, although there’s really nothing wrong with that! This discipline is also a great way to help you take charge of your health and well-being, whether you have a specific health condition that you are dealing with or you are just looking for a way to alleviate some stress and its after-effects. The world that we live in can be hard to handle, and a good massage can make it a bit more bearable. That’s why we say here at Urban Oasis of Nashville that you probably need more frequent massages. Come to see us!
The season of gift-giving is here. This time of year gives us the perfect chance to show appreciation and love to the people in our lives in a personal and intimate way by choosing gifts that say “Thank you,” “I love you,” and “I value you” in a variety of ways.
Perhaps you are still filling out your gifting list and have been giving a lot of thought to what you can give to that special someone or that person in your life that seemingly already has everything. We have a couple of suggestions for you that we are sure both you and your loved one will be thrilled with. Be sure to check out our Holiday Specials. If you buy $100 or more, you get an additional $20 gift card for purchases! Be sure to act fast as this offer only lasts through December.
- Gift Cards. The Urban Oasis gift card/certificate is fully customizable and can be purchased in dollar amounts or for a specific Urban Oasis service or package. The gift card can be mailed to either the giver or the person being gifted.
- Mini-Membership. A mini-membership will allow the holder to enjoy the benefits of the Urban Oasis membership program for three months. They can choose one of the following treatments: 1-hour Oasis Massage, Reflexology, or Oasis Facial. Additional treatments will be $75 throughout the month, and friends & family can receive discount rates as well. Retail discount benefits are also part of this option. $225.00
- Full Membership. For a monthly payment, you can purchase a monthly full membership for someone you love. Available for $75 – $108 per month, (gratuity not included) you can give someone a gift of time that can include all of the unique and specialized and packages at Urban Oasis of Nashville. This option can truly be called a gift that keeps on giving!
When it comes to gifting the special people in your life, finding the perfect thing can be difficult. Here at Urban Oasis, we are committed to caring for the well being of people both inside and out, and we would be honored to care for those you value and love through the services we provide. We think that just might be the best gift of all!
Shop local. It’s what we’re all trying to do more of these days, buying items such as foods and flowers, clothing and luxuries from producers and manufacturers right in our own backyard. It helps the local economy while having a positive impact on our environment by eliminating long distance transportation of goods. It gives us all a good feeling to know that we are helping our friends and neighbors and local business owners while being environmentally responsible, as well.
This time of year, we start thinking about our interior spaces, both physical and emotional. Fall is a time to reflect on the year gone by, to reap the harvest of our hard work and good choices, and to gather our thoughts and purposes for the coming year.
Here at Urban Oasis, we create two products specifically for reflection and relaxation: scrubs and candles. And if you are thinking of holiday gifts, these are the perfect way to take advantage of our Holiday Special. If you buy $100 or more from us, you get an additional $20 gift card for additional purchases!
Candles are a big part of the months that close out the year; the days are shorter, and sunlight is not as direct, so burning candles, both scented and unscented, are a great way to brighten up your interiors. During your bath, or while you are in the kitchen preparing a special holiday meal or treat for your loved ones, or perhaps while you’re immersing yourself in that bestseller – these are all great times to have candles lit. We have some really special scented candles in our website shop; enjoy everything from Thistle and Tuscan Garden to Poison Apple and Southern Belle. One of these beauties is bound to tickle your fancy!
A custom-created scrub made by a local artisan can be very satisfying. While removing dead skin cells through exfoliation, a scrub also cleanses the skin and increases the blood circulation. Your skin will look fresh and rejuvenated after using a scrub, and removing all those dead skin cells will bring about a more youthful appearance and will allow for the easy absorption of moisturizers into your now-more-healthy skin.
Celebrate the close of the year and the coming holiday season with locally created candles and scrubs that will illuminate both your days and your nights. They make great gifts, as well, and offer a benefit to us all, both locally and environmentally. For a limited time we are offering a $20 gift card with your purchase of $100! Visit us at Urban Oasis Nashville to get your gifts and a little something for yourself to brighten up your holiday season.
Fall in Nashville is beautiful, with leaves turning and cool breezes. It’s a great time to get out of doors and enjoy the natural loveliness of our city. It’s a known fact that spending time outdoors is a healthy activity for your mind, body, and spirit. Here are some amazing places to hikeright in our own backyard:
Just 24 miles from downtown Nashville you will find Long Hunter State Park. Both woods and water come together here with more than twenty miles of trails that range from an easy stroll along the shores of J. Percy Priest Lake to more challenging terrain for the adventurous types. Long Hunter offers large picnic, camping, and recreational areas, as well as a boat dock and fishing pier. The park gets its name from the Native Americans who once hunted and gathered foods in the area, and is also associated with prominent early non-native hunters such as Colonel James Smith, Uriah Stone, and Kasper Mansker, who once tracked game here during the mid 18th century. After a long hike, a spa treatment followed up by massage can be the perfect remedy that will refresh your tendons, ligaments, and muscles. Imagine the peace and satisfaction you will experience after a day spent taking in the sights, followed by the care you receive from your spa professional.
Beaman Park offers excellent hiking during the colder months. Located in the shady hills and valleys of Joelton, this rugged little park eleven miles north of downtown is home to five miles of trails through 1,700 acres of protected natural lands. A hike in the bracing winter air can be followed up with a rejuvenating massage experience to loosen cramped and tired muscles.
The Warner Parks comprise the second largest urban park system in the U.S., only after Central Park in New York City. The trails are quite popular with runners and dog walkers alike, through 3,200 acres of beautiful wooded hills and open meadows laced with bubbling springs and horse riding trails. Mossy Ridge Trail is a moderately strenuous four-and-a-half mile loop through the natural forests, and it is just one example of the choices a hiker has when using some of the 17 miles of hiking roads and trails here, and the parks are easily accessible since they are only fifteen miles from downtown. Urban Oasis is a convenient location for the spa treatment you will need after a strenuous hike or trail run in the Warner Parks.
Radnor Park, a mere eight miles out of town, is Nashville’s premier urban oasis. This lovely gem has something for everyone and is safe for cycling, jogging, or hiking for all ages. You can head into the hills for a hike around the perimeter of Radnor Lake on trails that offer a panoramic view of the water and surrounding wooded hills, and in the Fall there is an explosion of color everywhere. Following up a trip to this lovely corner of Nashville with one of our unique massage packages is the perfect end to the perfect day.
Get outside and enjoy the beautiful natural surroundings of our city. And once you have finished your treks, come see us here at Urban Oasis of Nashville and relax with one of our signature massages. Your body, mind, and spirit will be rejuvenated, glowing with health and peace.
The year is winding down, and with the changing seasons comes cooler weather and less direct sunlight. Your skin routine will need an update for Fall! You may be experiencing dry skin from all the sunning you did during the summer, and a dermaplaning or chemical peel followed by a rejuvenating hydration facial to help you achieve a bright and beautifully soft glow.
Our Dermaplaning Facial will address the fine lines and wrinkles and uneven skin texture/tone brought about by exposure to the sun as well as alleviating acne scars and fine facial hair. You can expect to see an immediate improvement in the texture and tone of your skin with fewer wrinkles and dark spots. Dermaplaning leaves your skin smooth and bright with a youthful glow. The treatment starts with a double cleansing, a fruit acid exfoliant, the dermaplaning treatment, a customized facial mask, lifting facial massage, and customized skincare. After our Dermaplaning Facial, your skin will be clear and hydrated, ready for winter.
The Urban Oasis Brightening Facial is formulated to take care of sun damage, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, and scarring. It lifts and brightens the tone of your skin while resurfacing to reveal a natural, glowing complexion. This treatment begins with cleansing, a lactic acid or glycolic chemical peel, customized facial mask, massage, and customized skincare. It also addresses the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne. Following our Brightening Facial, your skin will be Fall runway ready.
We offer many different types of spa packages, gift cards, and bath essentials as well as botanical candles, all perfect for gift giving. You can also become a member and enjoy everything we have to offer on a regular basis, or gift to someone else. We would be honored to host your holiday spa party, too.
Here at Urban Oasis of Nashville, we focus on all of you. Our services include care for your all-over skin, as well as massage for your tired muscles. Let us help you relax and rejuvenate in preparation for the winter months; you’ll shine during the holidays with glowing skin and a calm and peaceful vibe. Contact us today to make an appointment for your Fall refresh.
Planning a Nashville Bachelorette Party? Start It Off Right With Custom Massages
Nashville is where the party is, especially when it comes to your bachelorette event. The downtown music venues are hopping all day and night, and you can dance and celebrate to your heart’s content in one of the most popular urban party spots in the world. Neon lights, pedal taverns, horse-drawn carriages, and a storied skyline along the Cumberland River are all perfect backdrops for your party photos and selfies. What could be more special than to spend time having fun for a weekend with your girls before the big day?
Another way to make your bachelorette party unique and memorable is to make custom massage appointments for everyone to experience together. A quality day spa will be able to create the perfect celebration just for you and your party.
Here at Urban Oasis, we offer several packages just for our patrons, such as The Goddess, which consists of a seasonal body polish with a full body massage and your choice of either a dermaplaning or brightening facial, or The Bombshell, which is made up of a one-hour Oasis Massage, renewal facial and a seasonal foot soak, complete with foot and calf scrub and massage. All of our packages are very popular, but we can also customize your massage experience to include services that will fit your particular party to a T.
We are here to help you relax, rejuvenate, and celebrate. Urban Oasis offers complimentary coffee, tea and water or a glass of wine, all of which are available either before or between spa treatments. We’ll also provide appetizers for your group, but if you want to bring your own refreshments, just let us know in advance and we can set up everything to accommodate all your needs.
Spend some time with us during your visit to Music City, relaxing and getting ready for the big day, and we’ll take good care of you and your girls. Imagine the memories you will all have together, being pampered and toasting the days to come!
Here at Urban Oasis Nashville, we love to create a party! Call us today to schedule your bachelorette event or reserve your spot online. We looking forward to meeting you.
Immersing your feet in a tub of warm water is a wonderful way to relax after a long day. Even without any extras added, the muscles of your feet will be soothed, and any aches and pains you might be experiencing will simply melt away.
Your entire body is connected to the health of your feet; if they are tired and sore after a full day of standing or walking, or if you have been wearing uncomfortable shoes, your entire physical self will feel it! Reflexology even suggests that if your feet are in good health, they can bring that health and well being to your limbs and all of your organs. A foot soak has many benefits, such as increasing circulation, combating sickness and disease, fighting fatigue and depression, and eliminating toxins in the system, all while softening the feet and reducing the appearance of common foot ailments such as dry and flaky skin, corns, and calluses.
While you relax with a warm lavender neck wrap and sip on a hot tea, a coffee or a glass of wine, you can indulge yourself with a warm foot bath here at Urban Oasis. Our handcrafted Foot Soak menu includes:
- Apple Pie Fall Blend: The Urban Oasis apple pie soak is a blend of the scents of fall – apple, cinnamon, allspice, and Epsom salts, and will surround you with the feelings of contentment and comfort that belong to the season.
- Detoxifying Thai Coconut Lemongrass: Our refreshing and unique concoction of coconut, lemongrass, coconut oil and Epsom salts is specially formulated to detoxify and reduce stress, leaving your feet and the rest of you feeling renewed and refreshed.
- Chocolate Dipped Antioxidant: Our special blend of decadent dark chocolate, sandalwood, cocoa butter and sea salt is sure to rejuvenate you from head to toe.
- Watermelon Basil Summer Blend: This Urban Oasis recipe of watermelon, spicy basil, olive oil and sea salt invigorates the spirit while relaxing the mind.
- Beauty Sleep: Urban Oasis’ own sensual and gentle creation of black amber and lavender combined with coconut oil and Epsom salts specially formulated to soothe your tired muscles and help you drift away.
The Foot Soak experience hydrates and moisturizes your skin while reducing swelling and relieving stress, helping you to rest and relax, and for the ultimate in relaxation, you can combine one of our soaks with an invigorating foot scrub and massage. Our services also include a Foot Spa Package, which includes your favorite Foot Soak, polishing of feet and calves, and a finishing massage of both the feet and the calf muscles. Each part of this service incorporates our own signature hand-blended soaks, scrubs, and massage creams.
Call us today at (615) 378 7226 to make an appointment, or reserve online at Urban Oasis Nashville.
Looking for a unique way to celebrate or spend quality time with your close friends or loved ones? Perhaps your bridal party is visiting Nashville, or you need a gift idea for that person who has everything. Maybe you’re the one charged with planning a baby or wedding shower, and you really want to do something new, fun, and fresh, something that everyone will be talking about for years to come.
A spa party would fit the bill nicely!
Let the spa team pamper you for your special occasion – birthdays, girls day, celebrations or just a get-to-together with friends. It’s a great time relax and rejuvenate while spending time with people you value. Complimentary coffee, tea and water or a glass of wine are almost always available before or between spa treatments. Complimentary appetizers are often also available for your spa party and can be ready upon your arrival. If you prefer to bring in your own refreshments, just let them know and the spa will accommodate your party’s wants and needs if at all possible.
Many Day Spas will be happy to host your party with the minimum number of guests; they may also allow you to do a buy-out and have the place all to yourselves or set aside rooms just for your group. Research pricing ahead of time to see if they have pricing that is based on the size of your group, or if there are any discounts for a larger group, should you have one. Gratuity is often charged automatically, so keep this in mind, as well.
Have each party guest choose their spa treatments before your spa party from the menu, and check with the spa to see how far in advance this will need to be done. If there are any special requests or any allergies in the party, this is another item to be discussed with the venue beforehand.
Treatments you can expect to find:
- Massage and body-work such as cupping. Oils, butters and scrubs will be used during massages, and you may be able to ask for two massage therapist or a Swedish massage.
- Foot soaks. This can often include calf and foot polishing, followed by massage, all while you enjoy a cup of tea or a glass of wine.
- Skin care. Dermaplaning, brightening facials, and acne control can all be scheduled. Each treatment is specific to an individual and their concerns, such as acne, pigmentation issues, and sun damage. Your professional aesthetician will know which treatment is perfect for you.
- Waxing. Unwanted hair can be removed through waxing, or you can get your eyebrows shaped, as well.
Everyone loves a party, and planning yours at a spa will make it memorable. Call us here at Urban Oasis today, and let’s start planning your event!
Dermaplaning: The Process and What to Expect
WHAT IS DERMAPLANING?: Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation procedure that requires the use of a sterilized surgical scalpel to shave the skin’s surface. This will remove the top-most layer of dead skin as well as the fine peach fuzz (vellus hair) that is present on the face. This procedure can safely be done on a monthly basis in less than 30 minutes, and there is no post-treatment down-time required. Dermaplaning is only performed on the face; it is not intended for eyebrow shaping, which are composed of other types of hair than vellus, and nose-hairs cannot be removed through dermaplaning, either. This treatment can be performed by a trained aesthetician.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?: Dermaplaning is an excellent way to rid the face of excess fine hairs; these often accumulate dirt and oil. The exfoliation process triggers cell regeneration, allowing products to better penetrate the skin and work more efficiently. Vellus hairs will not, contrary to popular belief, grow back darker and thicker, although this process will not be suitable for those with excessive facial hair.
Exfoliation of dead cells along with the removal of the fine hair will result in healthier and brighter looking skin that will look and feel much more smooth than before. It is especially effective for those with rough and dry skin texture, while helping to minimize superficial scarring from acne, or an uneven skin tone. It’s also great for mature skin, which tends to have a buildup of dead cells as cellular turnover slows down during the aging process. Some of the benefits of dermaplaning also include allowing makeup to be applied much easier!
If you are interested in Dermaplaning or any of our other massage and skincare routines, come on in today to book an appointment at Urban Oasis Nashville or give us a call at 615 378 7226. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Reiki is a technique used to heal physical and mental trauma. It is also used to support mental clarity and spiritual well-being. It is a Japanese technique whose meaning comes from the Japanese words“rei,” which refers to a higher intelligence that permeates all living and non-living things, guiding the functioning of the universe, and “Ki,” which refers to the non-physical energy that flows through everything that is alive, including plants, animals, and humans. Ki is called the “life force energy” because of this, and is also known as qi or chi. When these two Japanese words are combined, they become reiki, or “spiritually guided life-force energy”.
A Reiki practitioner is said to channel this life force energy through his or her hands into another to administer. The Reiki will flow through the affected parts of the subject’s energy field and charge them with positive energy, raising awareness in and around the body where any negativity is contained. This is supposed to cause any negative energy to lose its grip, alleviating stress, anxiety, physical pain, sadness, and confusion.
A Reiki treatment can feel like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. It is said to treat the whole person, including body, emotions, mind and spirit – creating many beneficial effects such as relaxation, peacefulness, a feeling of security and wellbeing.
Reiki is a simple, natural and a safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement available to everyone. It has been effective in different cases in helping many illnesses and maladies and most often creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
While Reiki is believed to have come from god, it is not a religion. However, it is important to act and live in a way that promotes harmony with others, according to proponents. The founder of the Reiki system of natural healing, Mikao Usui, recommended that a person practice simple ethical ideals to promote peace and harmony. These ideals are nearly universal across all cultures.
The simple Ideals of Reiki as discovered by Mikao Usui are as follows:
The Miraculous Medicine of All Diseases:
- Just for today, do not anger.
- Do not worry, and be filled with gratitude.
- Devote yourself to your work.
- Be kind to people.
- Every morning and evening, join your hands in prayer.
If you are interested in Reiki or any of our other massage and skincare services, come on in today to book an appointment at Urban Oasis Nashville or give us a call at 615 378 7226. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Patients often have many questions and concerns before undergoing a chemical peel for the first time. Being well informed about every aspect of this procedure will help ensure that you can be confident that a chemical peel is right for you and can enhance your satisfaction with the outcome.
A spa chemical peel is administered by a licensed aesthetician. The aesthetician will cleanse the client’s skin, and the chemical peel solution is then applied, having been formulated with each patron’s specific needs and goals in mind. Feeling a tingling or stinging sensation at this time is common.
After the solution has been on the skin for the prescribed amount of time, it washes off with water, and a soothing ointment is applied. Depending on the skin condition of the client, multiple treatments may be advised to achieve the desired results. These treatments can also be used on other parts of the body besides the face. In some cases, a spa will employ lactic or glycolic acid or a blend of Retinoic Acid, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid. These types of peels are considered light and medium.
Both facial and body peels address the effects of sun damage and uneven skin pigmentation and help to improve skin texture. Peels can also be used to minimize stretch marks. Chemical peels remove the outer layers of skin, reducing or eliminating the appearance of a number of skin conditions or imperfections. After a treatment is applied, the client will experience layers of skin flaking away gradually, revealing a fresh new layer of skin. Recovery time will depend on the type of peel administered.
- Light Chemical Peel. These peels require almost no recovery time. The skin may be mildly irritated, but the patient will be able to return to their daily activities right away.
- Medium Chemical Peels. In this treatment, the new layer of skin will appear three to seven days afterwards. The skin will be fully healed approximately two weeks after the treatment.
If you are considering undergoing the chemical peel treatment, or perhaps just wondering if this is even right for you, consult a licensed aesthetician or your favorite spa facility. These professionals can advise you in the area of chemical peels and answer any other questions you may have.
Here at Urban Oasis, we are experienced in the chemical peel process and would be happy to talk with you about it. Call us today at (615) 378 7225, or visit our website!
The ancient form of alternative medicine known as “cupping” is a therapy which involves placing special cups on your skin to create suction. Lasting only a few minutes, this therapy has many purposes, including alleviating pain and inflammation and aiding in better blood flow, relaxation, and an overall feeling of well-being. It’s also used as a type of deep-tissue massage. The cups may be constructed of:
Cupping may be growing in popularity, but it’s certainly not new. Research has shown that its use dates back to ancient Egyptian, Chinese, and Middle Eastern cultures. The Ebers Papyrus, one of the oldest medical textbooks existing in the world today, contains a description of the use of cupping therapy in 1550 B.C.E!
So what exactly is cupping, and what are its massage and spa benefits today? The modern versions of cupping involve using a rubber pump to create a vacuum inside of a small cup (we prefer and utilize glass and silicone cups.) Cupping works, in many ways, as the inverse of a massage. Where a massage focuses on the exertion of pressure, cupping works to pull the skin and tissue upwards into the vacuum created within the cup! The cups can then be moved across the skin, pulling different areas of skin, muscle and tissue up to help promote blood flow to the tissue.
The benefits of cupping even extend to facial treatment! We offer facial cupping, which can serve to reduce puffiness in the face and increase blood flow. For the practice of facial cupping, smaller cups are applied to the skin and worked smoothly across the face and neck, applying light suction to gently raise the facial tissue. This results in increased circulation and a draining of the lymph nodes, resulting in visibly reduced puffiness and healthier skin – and there will be no red circles or bruises left on your face, we promise!
Urban Oasis Nashville also offers cupping therapy for cellulite! Cellulite can generally cause fluid retention, poor circulation and an inefficient lymphatic drainage system. When cupping is applied to the afflicted areas, the increased blood circulation helps break up the fat and toxins that accumulate in cellulite and are worked through the draining of the lymph nodes. Cupping also works to ease the cords connecting skin to muscle, thus reducing fluid build up and allowing for a healthier and cellulite-free skin.
Come on in to Urban Oasis Nashville today to book your first cupping appointment, or give us a call at 615 378 7226!
There is nothing more rejuvenating than receiving a massage. It can reset your mindset, realign your body and leave you feeling like there’s nothing in the world you can’t conquer. Some people make frequent massages part of their health routine, and they just might have something there. Therapeutic touch has been shown to alleviate anxiety and depression: two of the most prevalent mental disorders in our country today. Massage therapy can also temper the effects of dementia and high blood pressure as well as osteoarthritis, making it a go-to for us as we age.
However, for the novice, getting that first massage can be intimidating. It’s like being in a whole new world with a new language and unfamiliar behavior. We’re sharing some hints and tips today that will help familiarize yourself with the process and become more comfortable before you even set one foot in the door. Here are some keys to obtaining the maximum results from your massage session:
- Turn off your mind. The modern day world insists that we spend our entire day just doing: working, exercising, communicating, listening, shopping….the list is pretty extensive. On the massage table, relaxation is defined as letting go of that need to do anything at all, including thinking about doing! It’s important that you bring your mind into a receiving mode so that you can completely relax.
- Visualize. Turning your mind away from the stresses and demands of life and towards peaceful and healing places will help you drift into that place of perfect contentment. Your therapist will probably lead you here with their favorite techniques. Go with the flow!
- Focus on your body. The most effective place for your mind to be during a massage is on the bodily sensations you will experience – the warmth of your breath as you slowly inhale and exhale, the feel of your muscles and limbs being manipulated and massaged – focusing on these sensations are key to helping you stay in a receptive mode. Let your body be heavy; the heavier you allow your limbs, torso, and head to become, the more relaxed you will be. As your therapist stretches or adjusts your limbs, they should be completely limp, as if you were sleeping.
- Warm up naturally. It is not uncommon for people to ask their massage therapist to use more pressure in the first few minutes of the session, but it’s actually more effective to wait until your body is in a state of full relaxation first. Forcing pressure against tense muscles will only create resistance, and that isn’t going to aid in releasing stress. It will take about 30 minutes for your body to warm up, on average, and as you relax, your therapist will be able to provide the deeper pressure that you are wanting, and in a way that will be most effective.
- Communicate distractions. If the music your therapist is using makes you uncomfortable, or if the temperature of the room is too cold or hot, let him or her know right away. Distractions such as these will take away from your experience and away from your focus on your body, and so ultimately on your relaxation.
- Breath freely. When an area is tender, a person’s tendency will be to hold their breath as a defense mechanism, but the most healing thing one can do in these instances is to deepen and increase the breath. This allows tension to be softened and dissolve.
- After the massage. Take your time getting off the table and coming back into reality. After your therapist has left the room, take some deep breaths, and slowly begin to get dressed. Soak up that relaxed and stress-free feeling that you have achieved. You’ve earned it!